Since 1982 Spartan have designed, manufactured and supplied Australia’s most popular school bags, backpacks, uniforms and accessories. No other school uniform products measure up to the performance and durability of Spartan products. All Spartan products are designed for comfort and built to last. Spartan exclusively holds the prestigious backpack endorsements of the Chiropractors' Association of Australia and Australian Physiotherapy Association.
Our ever-expanding range consists of school bags, school hats, school accessories, school socks and sports socks.
Spartan are a contracted supplier for the Western Australian Department of Education's Supply of School Uniforms and Specialty School Apparel (ETT2321/2013A).
For 38 years Spartan have been wholesaling to schools & retailers. Parents & students can also purchase individual items direct from Spartan via this web site. So if your school or retailer does not sell Spartan products, you’ve come to the right place. Simply click on the Product Range section above and in a few clicks your order will be on its way and delivered to your door.
- 1982 - Guy Fanning and Co. formed as manufacturers and wholesalers of school bags. Operates out of offices in Airport Luggage building, Church St, Richmond.
- 1989 - Company employs it’s first full time sales representative in Victoria. This is in addition to three agents already selling Spartan bags.
- 1989 - Go Pak launched. The first ergononmic school backpack with “SLAM” system incorporating 2 shaped metal rods.
- 1990 - Spartan Pty Ltd splits from Guy Fanning and Co. and moves in to it's own premises in West Heidelberg.
- 1990 - Spartan expands product range to include school hats.
- 1995 - Spartan moves to larger 30,000 sq foot premises in Blackburn, Victoria.
- 1999 - Spartan expands it's product range to include socks.
- 2000 - Spartan gains exclusive endorsements from Australian Chiropractor’s Association for Chiropak and the Australian Physiotherapy Association for the Physiopak.
- 2003 - After 21 years founding Managing Director Tony Hunter retires.
- 2005 - Spartan moves to larger 60,000 sq foot premises in Mitcham, Victoria.
- 2005 - Expands it’s team of Sales Representatives to 10 and it's total full time staff to over 50.
- 2007 - Spartan celebrates it’s 25th birthday.
- 2010 - Sales hit 1,000,000 products per year.
- 2011 - New branding launched.
- 2013 - New Primary School Uniform range created.
- 2016 - Move to new larger premises in Knoxfield, Vic.
- 2019 - Spartan School World is launched. A new retail brand and the first store is built in Bayswater North, Vic.